Saturday, August 25, 2012

The cure of laughing and running

I felt under the weather most of this week and a lot going on with changes in my company and school starting. Friday night I went out with my friends to celebrate a best friend's birthday. We went to a Greek place that was fabulous and then the Improv to laugh the night away at Simmore. She was so funny that I laughed so much I know I woke up with more wrinkles. That night was very much needed. This morning I woke up and knew I was running without my girls because they were doing some mud race. My goal was to do 5 miles. I felt so good getting around the lake the first 2.5 miles. I had so much time to reflect on my week and recall the funny moments from Friday evening. Their were so many groups out running and biking. I saw team in training and team challenge groups. I also saw a few of the girls from CFWR and we said hi and cheered each other on in passing. So it wasn't a completely alone run. I kept run/walk intervals 3/1 and only felt a little tired after 4 miles. I know it's mostly anxiety. I took my one minute break to focus on how I felt when I first got to the lake in the morning. How peaceful, non sweaty and excited I felt. I mentally put myself back there and finished pretty strong. I could've gone for 6. I love running so much and how it has opened up my mind and helped me gain a more sense of control and responsibility for my life. I split my runs into quarter miles of thoughts. And my last quarter mile I was looking towards the future. I know I'm on the right path now and am already thinking of a masters program and focusing on doing what I love for a very long time. Laughing and running cleared up my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment