Sunday, October 14, 2012

UCF (U Can Finish) Distance Dare

I met up with my running group for a quick group pic and well wishes and then went on to do the 5 miles with my friend Cristy. Let me just say that this girl is remarkable! Had knee surgery not even 3 months ago and did the 2:1 intervals like a champ! I felt very comfortable and easy running this pace and was so worried about her but she kept saying she felt great! The course through the campus was nice. Not much entertainment or crowds cheering but I had my iPod working properly this time and a good conversation going with Cris. We finished the 5 mile with a 12:23 pace and chip time of 1:01:57. Way better than I thought. We had stopped to say hi to her husband and kids along the course and take a pic. So when I checked my watch I was sure I'd see 1:15 on there lol The 2 mile distance dare we walked a lot of it...part of it with our friend Kristian and Cristy's husband and two kids. We finished the 2 miles in 31:50. Had a blast watching the kids race and afterwards we went to Keke's. I really love my best friends Cristy and Kristian. I don't think I could ever laugh harder or have a better time with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment