Sunday, December 8, 2013

OUC half 12/7/13

I just had to do it again to be sure! I decided last minute that I was going to run the Orlando half. I missed it last year and the year before so figured I should probably run the most popular half in my city! It was a warm start, about 70 degrees at 7 am. I started out with a new runner named Carla and it was her first half! She was nervous and I was happy to guide her. When the race started I couldn't get my music to work. I had started my run keeper but no music. I messed with it and then just gave up. It was going to be my first half with no music help me god. Carla and I didn't talk much. We focused on breathing and managing the cobblestone. Her foot started hurting around the fourth mile. The course was pretty shaded except for one turn. There was a lot more cobblestone than I had wanted. My bottom left foot was hurting. Then the last few miles we went a little up hill and I felt myself slowing down. Somewhere around mile 6 I lost Carla near a water stop. A lot of the cfwr girls were set up in different areas to cheer us on. That's always awesome. I finished at 2:17:03. I'm happy with that. A minute slower than last weekend.  And it was way hotter and the cobblestone was a pain. I'll probably stick to the OUC 5k for now on, but great race organization. I survived without music!

No comments:

Post a Comment